Culture is the established behaviors, values, products, reward systems, and rituals that define an organization. You can sense our culture when you visit one of our residences or programs, because it is often evident in our actions, enthusiasm, and environment.
We believe that there are five definable aspects to Parker’s culture that make us so unique:
The Francis E. Parker
Home provides transformative and charitable long-term care services in home-like settings while advancing learning opportunities for nurses, other health care professionals and caregivers.
The Francis E. Parker Memorial Home will be a recognized not-for-profit leader in serving frail, chronically ill, disabled adults and their caregivers with a continuum of long-term care
services in New Jersey. As such, Parker will be a role model in providing highly customized, person-centered, skilled nursing care
, and a resource to long-term care professionals and educators and to the communities in which they serve. As a charitable organization, Parker will purposefully sustain and leverage its resources to enable accessibility and affordability of a range of long-term care services including skilled nursing, medical, social, dementia, end-of-life, residential, supportive, rehabilitative, home- and community-based, and educational/training services.
Our Core Competencies
A core competency is a defining capability or advantage that distinguishes a company from others in the industry. Below is a list of qualities that we believe are Parker's core competencies. To strengthen our organization, we hire employees who share the same core competencies as Parker.
Our Employee Principles
- Taking ownership
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Taking action
- Problem solving and influence
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Adaptability and resilience
- Communication and change
- Personal leadership
- I will be committed to Parker’s culture and standards of care, recognizing the privilege of working with those we serve.
- I will provide quality care and service, always respecting the unique needs and values of those we serve.
- I will be personally accountable for my actions and behaviors, and demonstrate pride and a sense of ownership in my role at Parker.
- I will maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- I will promote the organization in a positive manner in support of the Vision and Mission.
- I will work as part of the team and strive for excellence in all that I do.
- I will support a culture of trust and respect, and value the cultural diversity of those we serve.
- I will celebrate successes and achievements, continuing to learn at every opportunity.
- I will conduct myself with honesty and integrity, and maintain confidentiality of information.
- I will follow all policies, procedures, protocols, laws and regulations, and these Principles, and report any known or suspected violations.
Based on the Eden Alternative ®
, Parker’s person-directed philosophy of care believes that aging is a natural and continuous stage of growth and development in life. Through a person-directed, holistic approach to caring for the mind, body, and spirit, the goal of the Eden Philosophy is to promote the optimal well-being of each resident and participant.
Parker’s Eden Philosophy is not just for seniors. Families and caregivers of each participant are assisted through support groups, counseling, respite, and education. Through these efforts, families gain a sense of comfort and peace of mind knowing their loved one is in a warm, safe, and secure environment. For more information on the Eden Alternative, click here