Health and Wellness center
"I have gained so much strength and endurance from the personal training. I am even able to climb up the bleachers to enjoy a Rutgers football game with my grandson." - Art
The visionaries at Parker suspected long ago that physical activity has a direct effect on both the physical and cognitive health of mature adults, which is one of the reasons we added a Health and Wellness Center
when we built Parker at the Pavilion in 2006. Ten years later, this fact was verified in a study
of a senior brain health exercise program, which was published in the Journal of Exercise and Biochemistry (June 2016 issue). The study determined that a 12-week Senior Brain Health Exercise program resulted in a positive effect on changing basic physical fitness and cognitive function.
Our Health and Wellness Center, which is also known as the Parker Center for Healthy Aging
, has been designed exclusively for adults aged 55+
who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance, mobility, and endurance.
- Our fitness center is fully equipped with state-of-the-art Keiser strength training equipment
- Certified personal trainers assist members with individualized programs
- Fitness classes led by our personal trainers include Aquacize, Chair Tai Chi and Yoga for Seniors
- Membership includes access to our heated, ADA-accessible indoor pool and hot tub, with a certified lifeguard on-duty
- Center membership is offered to Parker Registry members for only $30 per month
For a tour and more information on The Center for Healthy Aging, please contact Lori Morell, Senior Manager of Health & Wellness, at firstname.lastname@example.org