Parker at McCarrick
NURSING CARE RESIDENCE
15 Dellwood Lane Somerset NJ, 08873
The Francis E. Parker Memorial Home and The Margaret McLaughlin McCarrick Care Center of Somerset, New Jersey, a member of the Saint Peter’s Healthcare System, announced on February 1, 2016, that Parker has acquired McCarrick’s 120 bed post-acute rehabilitation and nursing home, to be operated by a new Parker affiliate with the name Parker at McCarrick.
Located on 10 beautifully wooded acres with peaceful rolling hills in Somerset, New Jersey, Parker at McCarrick
is a not-for-profit, 120-bed post-acute rehabilitation
and skilled nursing residence
that is well known for the compassionate, quality care provided to its residents in a comfortable, home-like environment.
Parker at McCarrick was honored with a Five-Star rating
from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), which places the community as one of the top-rated nursing homes in the state. Parker at McCarrick’s recent Department of Health annual survey yielded zero deficiencies, which is a high achievement that is rare in long-term care communities. Less than 10 percent of New Jersey nursing homes achieved a deficiency-free survey over the past year.
Parker at McCarrick residents enjoy purposeful living and person-directed care in a supportive environment. Recreational activities and special programs, including a Personal Enrichment Program for residents with dementia, which promotes socialization, increasing the quality of life for each resident. Residents may choose to attend daily mass, take part in prayer services, or spend time in quiet meditation in our beautiful Chapel. In pleasant weather, our residents enjoy dining and socializing in our large outdoor patio with their family and friends.
With our residents’ safety in mind, Parker at McCarrick is equipped with a wander guard system that complements our fall prevention programs. Our residents’ rooms are cheerful, with hand rails and easy-to-read clocks. Each room has a half bath, a closet for personal belongings and a night table. The lounges have color televisions and large print reading materials. Our hair salon /barber shop offers hairstyling on a weekly basis.
Parker at McCarrick provides a broad array of professional health services. Our clinical programs are overseen by a medical director who is a board-certified geriatrician on staff at Saint Peter's University Hospital and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital-New Brunswick. Our clinical staff includes a geriatric clinical nurse specialist, professional licensed registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants. A licensed dietician and board certified medical physiologist also are on staff.
Parker at McCarrick supports the use of pain management (palliative care) to ensure that residents remain comfortable. Hospice care services are provided by trained nursing staff as an extension of critical care and in collaboration with several local agencies.
Parker at McCarrick offers physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy
services seven days a week in our well-equipped rehabilitation center. Each of our therapists is licensed and highly skilled at evaluating residents with disabilities and establishing realistic goals for them to achieve the best quality of life.
Our full range of services includes:
- Stroke rehabilitation with customized care plans that ensure a complete recovery and transition back to an individual’s normal routine
- Pulmonary rehabilitation for individuals with COPD, pneumonia, asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, restrictive lung disease, tracheostomies, and pulmonary fibrosis
- Cardiac care for individuals recovering from heart disease issues or surgery, including CHF, ischemic heart disease, hypertension, atrial fibrillation, CABG and aortic valve replacement/repair
- Orthopedic rehabilitation for individuals recovering from major joint replacement, hip and femur surgeries, spinal fusion, bone trauma, gone or soft tissue disease, and back problems
- Speech therapy for speech and language disorders, swallowing disorders, cognitive-linguistic deficits, and speech related memory issues
- Physical therapy to develop, maintain and restore movement and functional abilities in ambulation, safe transferring, range of motion, and pain reduction
- Occupational Therapy to help individuals improve their abilities to perform the tasks of daily living and work skills
- 24-hour skilled/post-acute nursing services
- Physician services in all specialties
- Post-operative general surgery care
- Pain management/PCA pump
- Wound care/ostomy care
- Palliative and hospice care
- Tracheostomy care
- IRON infusion therapy
- Gastrostomy tube feeding care
- IV antibiotic therapy
- Total parenteral nutrition (TPN) therapy
- Alzheimer’s care and memory support
- Dietician and personalized meal planning
- Social work services: family counseling and discharge planning by licensed clinical social workers
Parker at McCarrick is a Medicare and Medicaid certified residence, which is licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
Parker is also a member of LeadingAge New Jersey
, a statewide association of not-for-profit senior care organizations dedicated to advancing quality aging service in New Jersey through advocacy, education and fellowship.
Our licensed dietician and chefs carefully follow each resident’s prescribed diet and strive to prepare exciting menus to make mealtime enjoyable. The quality of food, good eating habits, and medically-correct diets are given special attention. We encourage our residents to enjoy their meals with their friends and family in our dining room.
We know that socialization is important to our residents’ quality of life. To fulfill these needs, the recreation team of Parker at McCarrick organizes social activities for our residents. Our goal is to provide services that meet the spiritual, physical, social and psychological needs of our residents and to support and encourage all residents to reach their full potential.
Animals can provide a healing presence, providing physical and emotional benefits to those who spend time with them. A variety of well-behaved pets, including birds, a rabbit, and a dog make their home at Parker at McCarrick, providing companionship to our residents.
Parker at McCarrick offers emotional and spiritual support to patients and families. A full-time chaplain, who visits residents and patients regularly, is on staff. Our beautiful chapel is open throughout the day for quiet time, meditation and prayer. All are welcome to attend regularly scheduled religious services and daily and Sunday masses.
Parker at McCarrick is a Medicare- and Medicaid-certified home. If you will be using Medicare or Medicaid to pay for your stay, there is not an application fee.
For private pay residents, a completed Admission Application
along with a non-refundable $75 fee is required for admission.
Parker at McCarrick accepts applications from all persons, regardless of race, color, creed or national origin. Applicants will be admitted without regard to religious preference or state residence. There may be a waiting period and Parker cannot guarantee immediate admission.
For more information about Parker at McCarrick and to arrange for a tour, please call the Admissions Office at (732) 545-4200, prompt 1.