Parker has given me such peace of mind. I don’t worry at all about my mother’s well-being." - Beth N.
has long been a leader in compassionate and progressive memory care
services for residents with dementias. Today, we have dedicated memory care neighborhoods at two campuses, offering personalized therapies and structured activities to maintain and enhance physical and cognitive abilities.
In 2002, we opened Evergreen Way, a neighborhood within Parker at River Road
that specializes in high-quality and compassionate dementia care
for those with early to mid-stage dementias.
It was our first “small home
” model of person-directed care, which was so successful that we created Parker at Monroe as a small home community. The New Jersey State Department of Health officially recognizes Evergreen Way as an Alzheimer's Dementia Program.
Parker at Monroe
Modeled after our successful Evergreen Way neighborhood, Parker at Monroe is a newly constructed “small home” community, which opened in December 2014. The campus consists of six small homes, which are connected to a community center. Sixteen residents with similar needs
live together in each small home. Five of the six small homes at Parker at Monroe serve individuals with all stages of dementias
who may also have complex physical needs. Each small home provides programs that are specifically designed for the cognitive level of its residents to provide them with an optimal quality of life.
Our memory care residences include:
- The comfort of a graciously appointed home-like setting with spacious private rooms, each with full bath. Rooms may be individually decorated for personal comfort.
- A physical environment and program that promotes a sense of home by providing comfort, safety, simplicity, elegance, and skilled nursing care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- A safe environment that offers assistance from highly-trained professional staff that is available around the clock.
- A variety of meaningful and spontaneous activities designed to meet their interests and needs.
- Opportunities for residents to give as well as receive care and interact with other living things such as children, animals and plants.
- An intimate dining experience where staff and residents dine together.
- A functional kitchen area in a home-like setting.
- Access to a beautifully landscaped and safe garden area, including pathways for exploration.
- A resident-driven, flexible program, focusing on an individual's strengths.
- A program with goals to maintain each resident's optimal level of functioning, improve overall health and mental state
- Support for both resident and family/sponsor throughout the progression of the condition.